By forging partnerships with community-based nonprofits throughout the city, Victory Gardens works to extend the reach of performing arts into the neighborhoods, creating the next generation of arts citizens.
The Neighborhood Arts Collective-Chicago, also known as NACC, is a coalition of nonprofit organizations that uses theater-based tools to create intergenerational and multicultural conversations that are integral to the community’s health and vitality. Learn more about our partners by clicking on their logos below.
Special thanks to the Joyce Foundation for their 2018 grant to support the creation of this collective.
Our NACC Partners
NACC Partner Activities
All NACC programs are adapted to the specific needs and desires of each of our partners and the community they serve. Current and upcoming activities include:
- Playwriting/play development classes for youth and adults led by VG teaching artists, with a performance component.
- Drama in the Schools residencies in partnership with local schools.
Oral History Project/Documentary Theater
- Collecting verbatim interviews from residents to be shaped and read as living documents on stage.
- Training youth and seniors in interview skills and bringing them together for intergenerational conversations, with the goal of capturing recollections from elders before they are lost, and challenging youth to share their perspectives with seniors.
- Presenting staged readings of VG’s plays in the community.
- Giving residents a platform to perform the Oral Histories they have gathered.
- Bringing residents to VG to see their stories performed on stage by working actors.
- Participating in holiday and resource drives for community members, connecting the VG community to NACC partner communities.
- Sharing physical resources such as meeting rooms, rehearsal space, and staff time and talent with partners, free of charge.
- Knowledge growth through joint information and grant projects to benefit NACC partners and VG.