Victory Gardens Theater deepens student learning and enhances teacher practice through integration of arts in core curricula.
We believe that students, teachers and artists experience new and meaningful ways of learning through their involvement in arts education programs. Victory Gardens affirms its commitment to the living playwright with arts education programming focused on exploring and heightening the practitioner’s understanding of the processes and structures of modern storytelling in its varied forms.
We invite you to explore our programming.
We offer the following programs:
Victory Gardens Theater is deeply grateful to the Polk Brothers Foundation for its generous, long-time leadership support of Victory Gardens Arts Education programs for Chicago Public School students.
Additional support for the Victory Gardens Theater Drama in the Schools Program and the Scholarship Subscription Series is generously provided by the following:
- Charles H. and Bertha L. Boothroyd Foundation
- Crown Family Philanthropies
- Wrightwood Neighbors Association
- Charles & M.R. Shapiro Foundation
Why Arts Education?
After a 20 year educational program of touring a rich variety of plays that were all over the cultural map, in 1996 Victory Gardens redesigned its outreach programming after discovering these alarming facts:
- 85% of Chicago Public Schools have limited arts and music programming
- Drama programs are virtually non-existent
- Students are not meeting the mandated State Arts Goals.