We put together this Q&A to help address the most commonly asked questions about buying a subscription.
If you don’t see your question on this list, shoot us an email at email@example.com or call us at 773.871.3000 and we will respond during regular Box Office hours. We look forward to seeing you at the theater!
Subscribing is the most reliable way to guarantee you’ll have great seats at a greatly reduced price over the course of any season. Subscribers and Flex Pass Holders save as much as 70% on the price of Gold Tier full price tickets when purchased this way and receive a host of additional benefits. Some examples of benefits include complimentary coffee/tea/soda during the year, 20% off tickets to Resident shows, 20% off additional tickets to VG shows (your friends will appreciate this one).
Can’t wait to see all the shows next year? Got a favorite seat and day of the week? This is the subscription for you. You’ll save on regular price tickets, lock in the best seats, and know exactly when you’re coming to the theater for the entire season. Plus, if you have to change one of your dates, you can move to a package of lesser or equal value at no additional cost.
Who knows what adventures this year will hold? Want to see theater but don’t want to commit to particular days/dates/shows? See theater that fits your schedule with a Flex Pass. Get as many tickets as you want to use any way you like over the course of a particular season while still saving on the cost of regular tickets. See one show with a few friends, each show once, once show multiple times, or anything in-between. Change and exchange as you like without any additional cost.
Our building contains two theater venues, the 259-seat Začek-McVay Theater (ZMT) located on the first floor and the 109-seat Richard Christiansen Theater (RCT) located on the second floor. Productions may take place in either theater, but most Victory Gardens shows happen in the Začek-McVay Theater.
Subscribers never pay exchange fees, but depending on what kind of subscription package you have, the process differs:
Exchanges to packages of equal or lesser value are completely free, if you exchange to a more expensive package you’ll pay the difference in price between your seats and the seats you’re exchanging into. As a general rule, preview packages will be the least expensive and Friday, Saturday or Sunday packages once the show has opened will be the most expensive.
By design, the Flex Pass allows you to book and exchange tickets however best fits your schedule, so there is no cost to you for choosing one day over another or exchanging between them.
If you purchased a Classic Subscription, your tickets are booked and you will receive them in the mail in August (or in the days following your purchase, if you bought after August 31).
If you purchased a Flex Pass, you can book your tickets online or give us a call/email during Box Office hours. You can book all of your tickets at once, or just book them as the season progresses. Popular shows tend to sell quickly, so we recommend reaching out as soon as you have a date in mind so we can make sure we secure you the best seats available.
Absolutely! The following packages have dates tied to specific access services. Feel free to contact our Box Office at 773.871.3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of them:
- Second Friday (Access Night) – 7:30pm
Services provided: ASL interpretation, Open captioning, Audio Description and Touch Tour 1.5 hours prior to performance.
- Second Saturday Matinee – 3:00pm
Services provided: Open captioning
- Wednesday Matinee – 2:00pm
- Third Sunday Matinee (Audio Described) – 3:00pm
- Services provided: Audio description and Touch Tour 1.5 hours prior to performance.
All VG Subscribers/Flex Pass holders receive a 20% discount for any additional seats purchased to any Victory Gardens Theater main stage show OR any Resident Company show (please note, this offer does not apply to visiting rental productions). Make sure you sign into the account tied to your Subscription/Flex Pass (likely your most commonly-used email) when booking tickets online as this will trigger the discount automatically.
Booking Flex Pass Tickets
Flex Pass holders can book their tickets online without needing to call the Box Office.
Redeeming Flex Pass tickets online
- Find the show you are looking to attend. Remember your Flex Pass is good for all Victory Gardens productions within a given season.
- Add the seats to your cart – you can select for one show, or for multiple shows if you want to book more than one at a time.
- When you go to checkout it will ask you for your email address, then it will ask you to login. If this is your first time doing this – see our “how-to” below on setting up an account for the first time.
- Once you’ve logged in, your Flex Pass offer will automatically be applied to your cart – any qualifying tickets will be reduced to $0. If you’ve decided to add in other tickets beyond your Flex Pass amount (maybe to a
- Resident production) those tickets will automatically have your Subscriber/Flex Pass 20% discount applied.
- That’s it! Finish your checkout process and select your ticket delivery method.
Signing in to your Account for the first time
If you’ve purchased tickets with us before, or been a Subscriber/Flex Pass holder in the past, it is very likely your email is already setup and ready for you to claim your account. If this is your first time doing so, follow the instructions below:
- Go to “My Account.”
- Select the “Forgot my password – Reset Here” link and type in your email address. Type in your email address and select the button to “Email Password Link to Me”. You’ll receive an email that will allow you to set up your password for the first time. If you can’t remember which email we have on file, you can always drop us a call and we can let you know what it is.
- Once you’ve reset your password, you should be able to access the “My Account” link at the top of our website and sign in to see your contact information and explore the offers or subscriptions tied to your account. From here, you can continue shopping and add items to your cart – when you are ready to checkout, any applicable discounts will be added automatically.
What if I want to purchase tickets using my discount, but not use my Flex Pass tickets?
This is absolutely possible and you’ll need a little help from the Box Office. Give us a call at 773.871.3000 during Box Office hours and we can assist.