Work with Us
POSITION: PROPERTIES MASTER
Victory Gardens Theater is currently accepting applications for the position of Properties Master for the production of REST by Samuel Hunter.. With the collaboration of the Scenic Designer, the candidate will design and procure all properties for this production. This position will begin on 8/1/1.
Properties Master Requirements:
- Designing and or envisioning properties in collaboration with the Scenic Designer
- Attending production meetings and staying within the given budget
- Purchasing and/or procuring props
- Constructing props as needed
- Providing suitable rehearsal props
- Working with the director and stage manager with additions or subtractions to the properties list.
- Collaborating with the run crew on the maintenance and upkeep of props
- Attending technical rehearsals and preview performances
- Attend all production meeting following technical rehearsals and preview performances.
Must have a valid drivers licence
Victory Gardens Theater is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit all resumes to Scott Miller, Production Manager, email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Victory Gardens Theater accepts full-length scripts year-round from literary agents and theater professionals with whom we have an existing professional relationship. Mailed copies of scripts are welcomed, though we encourage electronic pdf or word doc submissions if at all possible. A member of the Literary department will respond to submissions once they have been read and processed.
Victory Gardens holds general auditions for both Equity and non-equity members each year. The next round of auditions will be posted soon. Please check back for more information.
Submitting Your Headshot
Victory Gardens maintains a data base of actors. We keep a file of the photos and resumes of actors who have worked at and/or auditioned for the theatre in the past five years.
It is important that we have current information. Any time you change your telephone number or union status, please send us an updated headshot including your name, address, telephone number, and email address and send it to:
Victory Gardens Theater
2433 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
Out of Town Actors
Victory Gardens is only interested in auditioning actors who plan to relocate to Chicago in the near future. Our mission is to provide jobs for Chicago theater artists. If you are an Equity actor visiting from out of town and are planning on relocating, you are welcome to request an audition appointment by e-mail or inquiry letter. Auditions are scheduled on a time-available basis. There may be times that we are not able to accommodate an audition, but we will do our best.