Začek McVay Theater
In September 2006, Victory Gardens Theater opened a 299-seat mainstage at the landmark Biograph Theater, a site known for its complex and storied history.
The Theater is named for long-time Artistic Director Dennis Začek and his wife, Founding Managing Director, Marcelle McVay. The Chicago Tribune called the renovated space “beautiful…gorgeously restored”! Let your production be Chicago’s next main attraction! Our state-of-the-art, critically acclaimed theatre puts your audience in the lap of luxury and at the epitome of intimacy.
The theatre features roomy, comfortable seats with ample leg room, incredible acoustical design, fantastic sightlines and the world of the stage at your fingertips. Production companies will benefit from our sound and light package, large backstage area with two dressing rooms and a greenroom, and front of house services.
- Fully ADA Compliant House – 259 permanent seats with 40 optional mobile chairs
- Stage – 32’W x 30’D x 19’H
- Wing Space – 19’W x 22’D
- Fly Space – 5’H (non-counterweighted system, rails only)
- Trap Room under stage
- Small lighting package including standard light inventory, light board, cabling
- Small sound package including microphones, amps, speakers and playback devices
- Large dressing room (seats 6 comfortably)
- Small dressing room (seats 5 comfortably)
- 3 private restrooms and two showers.
- Comfortable Greenroom including a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemakers and sink
- Projection screen and digital projector
- Convenient parking at Children’s Memorial Hospital
- Valet parking service
- VGT Technical Staff
- VGT Box Office Staff
- VGT Front of House and Bartender Staffing available
*All Theatre Features are subject to scheduling based on current Victory Gardens Theater stage productions, contract inclusions and availability of equipment.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. No phone calls, please.